Happy Spring and 20 Random Facts
Today's post is a bit different... I'm taking a break from how-to's and offers to write something fun today. We have added quite a few new faces here (Welcome!) I'm glad you are here! But I must confess I am sorta TERRIBLE at sharing personal info with you all. I guess I'm just always focused on YOU. (What is my audience needing? What are they struggling with? What can I send them that's helpful?)
But to be of service to you, I need to know you. So, I realize that means I need to let you in and know me too.
So let's do this!
Here are 20 random facts about me that have nothing to do with my business, books, or events. If you could care less about this, please skip this email, and I will see you next time with a cool offer on my latest course, k? If you are still here, I hope you will reply and tell me about yourself and if we have anything in common.
1. I'm 5'9 and have been since I was 12 years old. And no, I didn't play basketball, lol
2. I was born on the 13th of August and have had quite a few Friday the 13th birthdays. (They all rocked)
3. I don't really collect anything anymore, except I love plants and books. I never met either that I didn't like.
4. I was born in rural south-central Texas, but feel more at home in Europe.
5. I started my first business when I was nine, and when I turned twelve, I started working part-time in a shop.
6. My father was a rancher, and I grew up with horses, cows, and chickens. We lived in "town," but he had multiple farm properties, so something always needed tending.
7. I became a vegetarian when I was 18 and am now a plant-based vegan.
8. I love to learn and read every day.
9. I have a thing for travel and love to explore new places.
10. I like my coffee super-hot (like one iota cooler than scalding ), with a splash of almond milk.
11. I was a widow. I lost my husband in an accident when we were in our early thirties.
12. I *always* feel awkward sharing #11 because it feels so deeply personal and often makes others sad/uncomfortable. But I have healed, and enjoy my life.
13. I'm not religious, but rather spiritual, and love the quote: "Religion is for people afraid to go to Hell, and spirituality is for people that have been there." (See #11)
14. I am ambidextrous and considered a balanced personality or "balanced brain" as I am equally analytical and creative.
15. I like to donate to children's literacy programs. (Let's get more important books in the hands of kids!)
16. I also support food banks as often as I can. No one should ever be hungry in this day and age.
17. The second I could, I moved to the city. (Austin, Texas.)
18. I love to cook, but don't consider myself a "foodie". I tackle new recipes like a science project and always try to make healthy and satisfying food.
19. I love creating. I write, paint, draw, craft, and create something most days as a form of self-care.
20. I don't often watch tv, but when I do, I watch standup specials or drama-free comedies because I love to laugh.
So now you know a little bit more about me. Leave a comment and tell me what we have in common!
Leave a Reply.
The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.
Reiki Master Teacher,
"Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity."
“To teach is to learn twice.”
“Because you are alive, everything is possible.” ― Thích Nhất Hạnh
"The purpose of a spiritual teacher is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon."
- Sarah Mercer
“Instructions for living a life.
Tell about it.”